Have you ever wanted to learn how to make a bath bomb or wondered exactly what is in them that makes them fizz and change color? Well, you’ve come to the right place! It may seem a little intimidating at first but bath bombs are actually really easy to make.
- Bath Bomb mold of your choice
- Coloring pigment, food coloring/ liquid pigment (optional)
- 1 cup baking soda
- ½ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup Epsom salt
- ½ cup citric acid
- 2 ½ tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- ¾ tbsp. water
- 12- drops essential oil
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. (If you are using a dry pigment, you add in your desired amount, with your dry ingredients.) Whisk to combine.
- Mix all of your wet ingredients in a separate bowl. (If you are using food coloring or a liquid pigment, you add in your desired amount, with your wet ingredients.) Mix to combine.
- Slowly add in your wet ingredients to your dry ones. Mix until they are completely combined and have a texture resembling wet sand.
** If your mixture is still dry, add a little bit of water using a spray bottle. Immediately mix together.
- Using your desired mold, pack each half with your bath bomb mixture until it is overflowing.
- Firmly press the halves together for one minute.
- Gently remove your Bath Bomb from its mold and let it dry for 24 hours before using.